Need Identification - Initiation & Planning
Establishing the requirements for an asset prior to procurement is critical for effective business performance.
During the ‘Need Identification’ Phase of the lifecycle of an asset, MPE can:
- Clearly identify the requirements of the proposed asset
- Locate potential assets
- Evaluate potential assets and make procurement recommendations
- Utilise MPE’s in-house cost modelling tool (OCFM) to conduct a comprehensive economic evaluation of the proposed asset
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Compile funding applications justifying the capital required to lease, overhaul or buy assets
MPE has an extensive database of cost information and financial tools that enable us to:
- Prepare capital justifications for new assets
- Carry out required lease, overhaul or purchase analysis
- Develop lifecycle cost models.
Feasibility StudiesMPE can conduct feasibility studies when purchasing additional assets. These studies provide our clients with the relevant information they require during the decision making and approval process. MPE has extensive experience acting as advisors for clients at a corporate and government level.
MPE can conduct feasibility studies and economic evaluations for mining lease applications, land acquisitions, infrastructure construction and equipment purchases.
Our Project Initiation ExperienceMPE can prepare ‘Application for Expenditure’ (AFE) documentation for:
- Material handling equipment
- Earth moving equipment
- Infrastructure projects
- Civil projects
- Maintenance Improvement Projects